Automatic upgrade - incomplete kde?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 25 10:00:33 UTC 2009

On Thursday 25 June 2009 10:34:56 Eelko Berkenpies wrote:
> Erm, do you really need a X filemanager for that or did I miss something?
>
> :)
>
> What about mc?

Probably.  It's just slower, mainly because I'm not as used to it.  I need to
get a good working system before the weekend when I go away, and as time
diminishes I get more inclined to panic :-)

The reason I like using dolphin etc is that I can scan directories and take in
the information faster than I can with a text listing.  This is personal, I
know.  Not everyone will agree.  I just does help me to do things quickly.
For instance, when deciding whether I want to back up a text file, if I can't
remember the contents I'll use dolphin's preview to see the beginning of it in
miniature - that's enough to remind me.

My grandfather used to say that in life only two things are impossible - to
whistle and laugh at the same time, and to play a fiddle with boxing gloves on
:-)  Still, some things are easier than others.