Display corruption in KDE on F11 with intel graphics

Andreas Petzold Andreas.Petzold at mailbox.tu-dresden.de
Thu Jun 25 14:31:29 UTC 2009

Hi,

since I've upgraded from F10 to F11, I'm getting corrupted graphics in
many kde apps. See

http://iktp.tu-dresden.de/~petzold/corrupt.png

for an example. Usually, the desktop background is displayed in
toolbars instead of the regular toolbar background, but sometimes this
also happens in other places. If I resize the window or mouse-over the
affected parts of the window, the problem fixes itself, but it will
reappear soon. I've only seen this with kde apps and not with others
like firefox. Since F10 and F11 use the same qt version I suspect the
intel drivel for my venerable i830 graphics chipset is at fault. Does
anybody on this list use F11 with kde on a machine with an (old) intel
chipset with or without the same problems that I'm seeing? I haven't
had the time to play around with any of the different acceleration
options of the new intel driver, I'll check that later.

Cheers,

Andreas