Raising the bar

John5342 john5342 at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 30 18:24:45 UTC 2009

2009/6/30 Jud Craft <craftjml at gmail.com>:
> Right, you can use Live images in a VM.  But it would simplify the
> barrier to entry if the image was pre-made, and I can't see how the
> space requirement for downloading VM image would be much larger than a
> live image (even if it would grow once activated).

I am not really convinced that running iso in a vm is any harder than
a pre-made image. I haven't taken a look at the vms available in
fedora itself but vms like VirtualBox are available for most x86 based
operating systems booting off an iso in there is no harder than
setting your computer to boot off a cd/dvd drive and if you can't do
that then you wont have much hope of actually installing afterwards.
Also if you download the iso then once you decide you like it you can
still boot off it and install it on your actual machine without having
to download the iso seperately.

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't...