PA flames

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Tue Jun 30 20:25:44 UTC 2009

On 06/30/2009 03:04 PM, Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 June 2009 20:16:42 Eli Wapniarski wrote:
>>> I disagree. It's important for components to work together.
>>
>> Yes it is. And if you want things to work together then write some kind of middle example of pulseaudio crippling

My first and last comment on this thread, and then I'd like to ask folks
to just chill a bit.

FACT:  There are a small (gladly) subset of systems, drivers, apps that,
unfortunately, for one reason or another (I'm not assigning blame), that
do not interoperate well with pulseaudio.  Note, I am not assigning
blame, and neither should you.

Want to read more?

My experience tells me that most of the "problems" are due to driver
bugs or application bugs, not PA.  Does removing PA workaround the
problems? Sometimes, but that's not fixing the inherent issues.

Now, if folks have problems and are genuinely interested in
*constructively* finding solutions, I'm all for that. TOTALLY.  But
drawing broad (and trollish) conclusions based on anecdotal evidence,
please well, I don't know what.  I'm at a loss.  Just makes me sad.  I
know we all can do better than that.

-- Rex