xorg crashes with display sytem settings module

Ravi lists_ravi at lavabit.com
Mon Mar 2 20:02:42 UTC 2009

Hi,
  When I click on the "Display" module in system settings, Xorg crashes. While
I can remote log in afterwards, I need ot reboot to get the display to
reactivate. (Also tried going to init 3 and back to init 5, tried killing the
X process by hand, but neither worked.)

kdelibs-4.2.0-15.fc10.x86_64
kdebase-workspace-4.2.0-10.fc10.x86_64
kdebase-runtime-4.2.0-7.fc10.x86_64
qt-4.4.3-10.fc10.x86_64
qt-4.4.3-10.fc10.i386
xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.5.3-13.fc10.x86_64
xorg-x11-drv-ati-6.10.0-2.fc10.x86_64

I am using the open source ATI driver on a X1650 Pro video card connected to a
Samsung 2243BWX monitor; same results with Samsung 2253BW as well. On my i386
laptop, with similar packages on an R300, I have no issues.

Regards,
Ravi