soprano-backend-sesame2

John5342 john5342 at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 5 00:28:59 UTC 2009

2009/3/5 Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu>

> Rex Dieter wrote:
> > Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>
> >> <grumble>
> >> I wish people would give even a hint of what packages are when they
> >> announce them. I monitor the Gnome-announce list as well and this kind
> >> of thing also happens there quite a lot. I'd take even money that no
> >> more than 5% of the members of this list knows what
> >> soprano-backend-sesame2 is without poking around with Google or "yum
> >> info ...". Is it so hard to write a one-line description? Good grief, if
> >> the thing's in an rpm it must already exist.
> >> </grumble>
> >
> > It's not ready for primetime, but for testing only at this point.
> >
> > If you don't know what it is, then you probably aren't a good candidate
> > for testing it.
>
> Heh, come to think of it, what a dumb thing of me to say.  Honestly, I
> don't know how it works either.  I just threw together the packaging
> (with others doing most of the heavy lifting here).
>
> Currently, the packaging summary simply says: Sesame2 Backend for Soprano
> with it's description pretty much the same.  Mostly useless.
>
> Can someone come up with something better?

This is what i drafted up for the package i started on.

%description
Sesame2 is an RDF (Resource Description Framework) which can be used as an
alternative backend for Soprano. Soprano together with its backend provides
a storage repository for metadata generated by Nepomuk such as ratings, tags
or comments.

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and
those who don't...