Ktorrent 3.2 installs with no docs

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 02:07:15 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 19:00 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Rex Dieter wrote:
> > Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> >> I just updated to Ktorrent 3.2, which seems to have a whole slew of
> >> changes from the previous stable version (3.1.6), however on hitting F1
> >> I get a pop-up saying "The file or folder help:/ktorrent/index.html does
> >> not exist", on top of a Help Center window showing "There is no
> >> documentation available for /ktorrent/index.html.
> >
> > I don't recall... did previous releases include usable docs?
>
> Just checked, ktorrent-3.1.x at least did not, so it's not a regression
> or anything new.

I do remember a brief doc of some kind, which was almost completely
useless, but I may have installed it separately.

> Not that it's not a problem, the doc situation is regretable.

To put it mildly. The sad thing is that Ktorrent seems to have lots of
whizzo features which presumably the developers understand but no-one
else does. There's even a ktorrent.org website, with 1) a FAQ which
talks exclusively about compiling and installing, 2) an empty Wiki, 3) a
bunch of screenshots, 4) a news blog recording the latest releases, and
5) a user forum. The forum is quite extensive, but it doesn't substitute
for real documentation.

poc