soprano-backend-sesame2

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 15:05:10 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 07:33 +0000, José Matos wrote:
> On Thursday 05 March 2009 01:58:40 Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > I don't question any of that, in fact it's clear to me that I won't be
> > testing the thing myself, but I think my original point is being missed,
> > to wit: would it not have been useful to include a brief summary of what
> > the package is about so those of use who are not interested can know
> > we're not interested?
>
> Some (if not all) of those issues have been discussed on this list since the
> beginning of kde-4.2.0 testing although the resulting explanation was not as
> detailed as it happened on this thread.

The very first reference I can find to either soprano or sesame on this
list is Rex's message. Perhaps you can point out some earlier discussion
here?

> So why should the same explanation be repeated over and over?

Because it hasn't been said before?

> If you are questioning the methodology (as it seems you are :-) )

If you think that, you haven't been paying attention. Go back and read
my original message on this.

> the answer is that this is not usually a problem. When someone ask for further details
> those details are given as this thread proves. :-)

I *know* I can ask, I *know* I can Google, I *know* I can use "yum
info". All I'm trying to say is that all this exchange could have been
avoided by 2 seconds thought before making the original announcement. I
wasn't even lambasting Rex particularly, just using his post as an
example. As my original message said, this is something that happens
elsewhere as well and I was making a general point.

Cheers

poc