Problem with acute accent in filenames with qt 4.5

Christian González chgonzalezg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 15:52:06 UTC 2009

2009/3/4 Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu>:
> Christian González wrote:
>>> This is known, Qt 4.5 RC has some problems with character encodings for file
>>> names.
>>
>> I've updated to qt-4.5.0-2.fc10.i386 (from kde-redhat unstable) but
>> the bug is still present.
>>
>> This is a serious bug for non-english users. Do you have any
>> additional information? Should I file a bug on Qt tracker?
>
> Filing the issue with QtSoftare is a good idea regardless.

OK, now I'm desesperated. I've downgraded to qt-4.4.3-15.fc10.i386 and
the problems with character encodings for filenames is gone... but
khotkeys daemon can't start:

   Failed to contact the KDE global shortcuts daemon
   Message: Could not get owner of name 'org.kde.kded': no such name
   Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NameHasNoOwner

So, no Ctrl-F12 for dashboard, no Alt-F4 for closing windows, no
Ctrl-F1 for kicker, no Ctrl-F12 for yakuake, etc. Sadly, now KDE4 is
unusable for me and I'm forced to use XFCE (nice desktop BTW, but far
from the pleasure of using KDE4).

Is there any chance of fixing one of this problems (or both :-)? How can I help?

PD. About the first problem, I'm not sure about filing a bug against
Qt yet without additional info.
--
Christian González G.
http://chgonzalez.blogspot.com