Always open with same program?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 6 09:35:12 UTC 2009

On Friday 06 March 2009 08:34:49 Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> I no longer see the option in KDE4 in either Konqueror or Dolphi
> choose what program a filetype. Previously, when choosing the program
> for a first time, one could click a checkbox to always use that
> program.

Assuming you are up to date, you can do it in pretty much the same way as
before.  Use Open With, select your application, check remember, and it will
be added to the list of possibilities.  Make that the default in
SystemSettings > Advanced tab > File Associations, moving the desired app to
the top of the list, just as you did in kcontrol.