Problem with acute accent in filenames with qt 4.5

Christian González chgonzalezg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 16:12:25 UTC 2009

2009/3/6 Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu>:
> Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> Christian González wrote:
>>> OK, now I'm desesperated. I've downgraded to qt-4.4.3-15.fc10.i386 and
>>> the problems with character encodings for filenames is gone... but
>>> khotkeys daemon can't start:
>>>
>>>    Failed to contact the KDE global shortcuts daemon
>>>    Message: Could not get owner of name 'org.kde.kded': no such name
>>>    Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NameHasNoOwner
>>
>> You can't use a KDE built against Qt 4.5 with Qt 4.4, you have to downgrade
>> all your KDE packages to versions built against Qt 4.4.
>
> To be clear, the (kde-4.2.1) pkgs in fedora and kde-redhat/testing are
> built against qt-4.4.x

OK, I've uninstalled all KDE an Qt related packages (yum remove kde*
qt*) and reinstalled using only kde-testing. Now I'm in KDE 4.2.1
(with qt-4.4.3) and all seems to be OK, including khotkeys and special
chars filenames. Thanks for the tips :-).

Still, I think the special chars bug is a important regresion in Qt
4.5. I've tried to fill an isue in Qt tracker but my limited english
doesn't allow me to complete the proccess. Could you please (Rex,
Kevin or another) do something about that? I'm sure me and others
non-english user will thank you.

Best regards,
--
Christian González G.