Bug 490082 - X uses wrong resolution when started with monitor off

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 21:28:44 UTC 2009

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>> I already have an xorg.conf, what more will system-config-display do?
>
> Not much. If your current configuration works, DON'T run it or you may break
> it.
>
> What I'm saying is that on those machines which don't have an xorg.conf, one
> has to run system-config-display to configure one. Alternatively, one can
> use Xorg -configure to have X.Org X11 write an xorg.conf from what it
> autodetected.

Fair enough. But having an xorg.conf doesn't really solve the problem
in the bug, nor do I think it is fair to have "everyone" choose
between running a utility they may not know about, or rushing to
ensure their monitor in on on every boot.

I posted this hear as -devel doesnt' seem relevant and -desktop i
thought was only for Gnome. I don't think it's good that people have
to ensure their monitor is on for what is effectively their KDE
desktop, but will never see similar problems in other OSes.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )