Kmail just disappears

Ravi lists_ravi at lavabit.com
Tue Mar 24 14:49:00 UTC 2009

Hi Arthur,

On Monday 23 March 2009 20:34:21 Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> Which is why I posted here. KMail just goes "poof" when it crashes. No
> console output. No known log files. No KCrash.

Could you *always* run kmail from an open konsole tab? I suspect that you may
be running into a binary incompatibility problem. If that is the case, a
message on konsole tab should appear stating that a certain symbol is not
found. Note that some shared libraries are loaded only on demand (because
something in a particular message requires the functionality). If kmail still
goes "poof", but no message appaears on the konsole tab, it will likely
require some help from strace, but we shall see.

Regards,
Ravi