Two network icons in my panel

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 25 08:22:26 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 24 March 2009 22:47:42 Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> >> The second one sounds like knetworkmanager
> >
> > Thanks, I'm sure that's right.
> > Should I have the two icons?
> > Is that the norm.
>
> No, KNetworkManager of (G)NetworkManager. Pick a side. We're at war.

Donb't know why you say that, Arthur.  They don't seem to war in any way :-)
Maybe a joke?  Actually, there was a time after an update when I could only
get a connection if I had both running - I haven't a clue why, and I can't be
bothered to fight something that works, so it may be still necessary, or maybe
not.  I've tried quitting knetworkmanager, and NM still runs, but when I
reboot knetworkmanager starts alongside NM-applet.  I suspect knetworkmanager
is handling the WPA bit better than NM-applet, but I don't really know what's
happening.