[KDE4.2] System freezes when laptop lid is closed.

ap gnuanu at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 09:38:22 UTC 2009

Hi Group,

I have a Dell Inspion laptop which runs Fedora 10 with KDE4.2. When my
laptop lid kept closed for more than 30 minutes, my system freezes. I have
given option to lock the screen while closing the lid in the Power
Management. and for a short time period ( < 30 mins) it works fine. After 30
minutes i get a blue screen and a mouse pointer. I can move the mouse but no
login window is coming. (If it is monitor stand by, how to recover from this
state?)

Laptop was running on AC while noticed the above scenario. I didn't checked
this on battery power. I use "Performance" profile for "running on AC". and
also tried disabling Monitor Power Management.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Anoop