Dolphin "cd"s in konsole history are annoying. Split consoles for split views ?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed May 13 19:28:45 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 10:00 -0600, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> However, it might be me, but I don't want to see the Dolphin cds in
> the console history.  The only commands that I want to see in the
> console history are the ones that I enter myself manually.  If I want
> to note what directory I am working in in the console history, I'll
> issue a pwd command.

The console is just running a Shell, so there may be a way to
approximate what you want -- such as ignoring "cd" commands -- using
HISTCONTROL and HISTIGNORE environment variables (see bash(1)). However
these would apply to all your Shell sessions and AFAIK there's no way to
distinguish between manually and programatically entered input.

poc