Strange usb-mount behaviour - SOLVED

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu May 14 14:22:40 UTC 2009

On Thursday 14 May 2009 14:30:31 Michael J Gruber wrote:
> Well, some of us still use the command-line...

Oops - sorry - didn't think of it in that context.

> but would like KDE to do
> the mount, either automatically, or by using the mount helper. But it
> doesn't even have an entry for "mount", does it?

Sort of like kwikdisk used to?

> Also, I don't seem to be able to specify mount options. If the volume is
> in fstab then the mount helper refuses to mount them/open them in
> Dolphin, no matter whether the mount points exists or not. The defaults
> have changed recently (F10 updates), so that's a bit of a nuisance.

I don't understand what you are saying here.  You have an entry in fstab for a
pendrive?  The device notifier recognises the device but won't mount it?

My F10 is on a netbook, and I don't have any such entry in my fstab.  Give me
the fullest details you can and I'll try to recreate the problem.  I need to
fully understand it before I can ask the right questions to get an answer for
you.