Fwd: Re: PolicyKit-qt and PolicyKit 1

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Sat May 23 22:31:18 UTC 2009

On 05/23/2009 05:16 PM, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 4:40 PM, Rex Dieter<rdieter at math.unl.edu>  wrote:
>> On 05/22/2009 08:47 AM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
>>> Conversation with Dario Freddi and his quick response... It's sad I have no
>>> such response from PolKit/Fedora people...
>>
>> Whoa,
>> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/polkit-devel/2009-May/000119.html

> Please correct my comprehension of these emails, but is Fedora 12
> going to have a must have desktop feature that is only supported by
> Gnome?

Part of our (kde-sig) evaluation here is whether there is sufficient api
docs, collaboration, etc... to make a best effort to make F12/KDE use or
be compatible with the PolicyKit1 feature (
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/PolicyKitOne )

Lacking that, we would have several options, including
* request FESCo to reject this feature for F12 as not ready (and use the
fallback plan).
* drop PolicyKit support altogether

-- Rex