Fwd: Re: PolicyKit-qt and PolicyKit 1

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon May 25 14:03:21 UTC 2009

On Lunes 25 Mayo 2009 15:53:14 Rex Dieter escribió:
> On 05/25/2009 02:33 AM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> >>
> >> The problem is that PackageKit requires PolicyKit. We'd have to start
> >> the GNOME PolicyKit authentication agent if we can't provide our own
> >> (and just installing it is no longer enough because it doesn't use D-Bus
> >> activation anymore, it needs to be autostarted in the desktop session).
> >> That or have a second version of PackageKit built against PolicyKit 0.9,
> >> but I think rhughes won't like that idea.
> >
> > Indeed, we need it.
> >
> > I asked them to add polkit-qt/kde to their blocker but no action...
>
> It's a wiki, "just do it".

I know it's wiki but I think modifying-only is not enough to accept it as
blocker from them.

But (possibly) good news - I have quick&dirty port of polkit-qt to PK1. Not
build yet as I need F11 for it (newer glib, gio, missing packages). But it's a
good first step. Lot of code dissapeared, some is rewritten from scratch and
as there's really bad documentation...

Jaroslav