Broken widgets

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed May 27 00:48:58 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-26 at 17:42 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> On 05/26/2009 05:37 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> > On 05/26/2009 05:21 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> >> Several widgets (or plasmoids, the terminology seems to vary) won't open
> >> because something called "ggl" is missing, e.g. The Online Dictionary
> >> widgoid says "Could not open the ggl_4 package required for the Online
> >> Dictionary widget". This is on KDE 4.2.3-1.fc11.x86_64.
> >>
> >> I can't find anything about "ggl" in the repos. Anyone know what's going
> >> on?
> >
> > yum install kdebase-workspace-google-gadgets
>
> or something that actually works, like:
> yum install kdebase-workspace-googlegadgets

Thanks, that did it.

However I have to wonder why I could see widgets listed that wouldn't
work without this package,

        but the package isn't installed as a dependancy,

        and the error message gives no clue as to what is needed.

In fact I see other widgets (e.g. Blue Marble) that seem to need OpenGL,
but again no indication of what to do.

poc