Has Anybody Seen Bug Fixes for Anything?

Eelko Berkenpies fedora at berkenpies.nl
Sun May 31 09:12:28 UTC 2009

On Sun, 31 May 2009 02:59:44 -0400, Ben Boeckel <MathStuf at gmail.com> wrote:

> Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>
>> On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 12:48 AM, Eli Wapniarski
>> <eli at orbsky.homelinux.org>
> wrote:
>>
>>> People use browsers, word processors, games, email client,
> im clients etc. The first app that
>>> gets opened makes the desktop disappear. If the apps don't
> work what good is the desktop other
>>> than to look pretty but dumb. I do not need my desktop or
> apps to be a huge blonde moment (male
>>> or female take your pick). I need to get the things done. If
> kde developers want to jerk around
>>> they're bored and get things half finished and then say
> brand new here it is. This whole process
>>> has been one the least professional processes I have been
> through in computing in a very long
>>> time. (Fedora / KDE people notwithstanding in this tirade
> they as usual do a superb job) then
>>> ignore their user base, well then there will be defection.
>  Which by the way I am seriously
>>> considering and trust me when I say this is painful for me
> since I have been a loyal and
>>> passionate kde user for years as Rex can attest. But enough
> is enough. If I wanted to install
>>> super karamba I would have installed super karamb a. Now KDE
> has pushed it down my throat in the
>>> form of plasmoids the very least they could do is have the
> thing work the way it should.
>>>
>>> 4.3 is a personal milestone for me. After a tirade like this
> one, to be fair I will wait till
>>> 4.4 and leave without a whisper (I'm sure some are saying
> yea!!! :)  ) . KDE either works the
>>> way it should or I will have to go elsewhere.
>>>

>>> Thanks for Listening :)
>>>
>>> Eli
>>>

>> Re desktop apps
>>
>> A significant number of KDE users don't seem to like
> Konqueror as is.
>> Very very few web designers seem to be testing again KHTML.
> So I
>> believe Konqueror + KHMTL is going to be harmful to KDE for
> quite some
>> time.
> Until another browser comes along that integrates as well into
> the KDE experience, it's default here. Also, it can't use more
> than 20MB of RAM on startup. I think I'll be waiting for quite
> a while ;) .
>
> - --Ben

There is being worked on one; http://rekonq.sourceforge.net/

I don't know if it will be a default browser but it makes an good
alternative for Konqueror anyway. :)

I'm working on getting it properly packaged for Fedora. I got an older
package wrapped up here: http://berkenpies.nl/rekonq/ (spec needs work for
the new version, 0.1.0, and I have to make sure I got everything covered
for review). The plan is to get it in to review before the end of next
week.

--
Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,
Eelko Berkenpies