Too secure to be practical!

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 01:47:09 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 8:04 AM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Between finding an blog on the subject and reading the FM, I've come to the
> conclusion that the only way to handle this is through cryptsetup - which
> makes sense.  The problem is that as far as I can see you can't get anywhere
> without  knowing either the device name or it's mapping under /dev - and
> probably both.  Based on the information above, I tried

Unless i completely miss understand the problem, the LUKS creates just
another partion, removable with any partition manager. Said manager
doesn't need to understand what is in it to remove it. Mount and
decrypt the partition, copy the data to hard drive, complete wipe the
media card and partiton/format to something that you prefer and copy
the data back.

--
Fedora 10
(www.pembo13.com)