"Add and Remove Software" slow start

Jan Simonson nytt at simonson.se
Thu Nov 5 13:56:02 UTC 2009

torsdag 05 november 2009 skrev Martin Kho:
> 'Add and Remove Software' from 'System Settings' and standalone takes 25
> seconds to open on a full updated fc12 install. This doesn't happen on
>  fc11. I don't see any errors in the log files.
>
> Does anyone else have experienced this 'slow start'?

My stationary computer uses Fedora10 with KDE desktop (planning to upgrade when
F12 is out and stabilized). On a brand new laptop I have installed F12B and kept
it fully updated (to peek around the corner what's coming). On F10 KPackageKit
opens almost instantly while it takes a very long time on F12. Also refreshing
the updates page goes quickly on F10 while F12 takes more than a minute.

So, yes I have the same behaviour as you have, but this is Beta software...

Also if I select only some packages to update all are removed from the updates
screen after the install. I have to close and restart KPackageKit to see the
rest again.

Jan
--
Jan Simonson