"Add and Remove Software" slow start

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 5 14:43:43 UTC 2009

On Thursday 05 November 2009 13:51:47 Rex Dieter wrote:
> Martin Kho wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > 'Add and Remove Software' from 'System Settings' and standalone takes 25
> > seconds to open on a full updated fc12 install. This doesn't happen on
> > fc11. I don't see any errors in the log files.
> >
> > Does anyone else have experienced this 'slow start'?
>
> It's slowish for me too, esp if launched shortly after loggging in.
> Sometimes takes up to ~10 seconds here, but I figured it was PackageKit
> settling-in after login.

I'm still on F11, but I've noticed that PackageKit can cause delays.  I did
wonder whether to file a bug/wish for it to have a delay before running, so
that it doesn't slow other things down.  A few minutes would let everyone get
working, so that it would be less noticeable.

KDE Community Working Group