massive qt-demo graphical corruption on F12 + Intel + KMS

Jud Craft craftjml at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 13:19:36 UTC 2009

> In my experience, the intel driver for 965 GM is completely broken.
> I'm disappointed, but not surprised, to learn that the situation is not
> resolved in F12. It's very frustrating.

This has been my release-to-release experience as well, but it's not
as bad as it could be.

It was really abysmal around F9.  At least now, 3D and Compiz and DRI2
and Xvideo work again.  I'm pretty happy with that.

I have no idea what special action qt-demos are doing that is making
the card freak out, though, and I would hope that eventually the dumb
driver would start to stabilize, as oppose to regress.

This is less of a Fedora problem and more of an intel/freedesktop
problem in general.