F12: "start" menu takes a very long time to load

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 14:03:03 UTC 2009

2009/11/16 Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu>:
> Be warned, there are other bad side-effects to the current nvidia
> drivers than just the pausing of kickoff.  We've received reports of
> other mysterious pauses, failures as well.
>
> See also,
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F12_bugs#NVIDIA-xorg-broken

Bleah ... seems I may come to regret getting an nVidia card in my new
work desktop machine. :( (And I do actually need to use 3D on it, too)

Just a note that the actual RPMs from that alternative Xorg build
referred to in that bug report don't seem to be available any more,
either.

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~mef3/
Interaction Lab -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/InteractionLab

Heriot-Watt University is a Scottish charity registered under charity
number SC000278