Small user survey: More modularized KDE packages?

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 18:34:45 UTC 2009

Kevin Kofler wrote:

> proposed a split of the existing KDE packages into
> smaller subpackages.

I think this would be a lot more work for packagers
and for users, as one would have to build and select
each and every app separately. As it is, in kde3, we
had about a dozen packages to download, now, in
kde4.3.3, it is about seventy (more, if you install
devel packages).

I have a notebook computer with a 40G hard drive, but
I have no problem installing kde properly. The only
package I deselect is kdeedu (because it's basically
for kids).