Second qt 4.6 update

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 21 11:23:11 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 21 October 2009 10:02:53 Christoph Kaulich wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 21 Oktober 2009 10:48:27 schrieb Christoph Kaulich:

> > > Hi, Christoph
> > >
> > > You are right - it's a different manifestation of the same problem on
> > > the netbook.  There kontact would open, but crashed if I tried to open
> > > the calendar.  Here kontact wouldn't open at all.  In both cases
> > > renaming korganizerrc cured it.
> > >
> > > I've kompared korganizerrc and korganizerrc.old - the first is 14 lines
> > >  long, and the old one is 140 lines long, so the new one is definitely
> > >  minimalist. However, I don't know enough to recognise what part of the
> > > old one is causing the problem.
> > >
> > > Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, once again ;-)
> > >
> > > Anne
> >
> > Hi Anne,
> >
> > it's hard to say what is causing the break. I removed my korganizerrc
> > this morning cause ontact wasn't starting.
> > Then I made all the swtiches I did yesterday, to get the corrupted one
> > back again, I restarted kontact and is was working.
> > I will keep trying to find the corrupted line, but this may take some
> > time.
> >
> > Christoph
>
> Just made some triaging, it seems to be, this time, i the line:
>
> [General]
> Current View=Month
>
> which made things break,removing it makes kontact start.
>
>  Anne can you reproduce this?

I doubt if it's coincidence that my preferred view is month - so you could
well be right.  This is what happened with my experiments.

I removed korganizerrc and restarted kontact.  No problem.
I changed to Calendar and set it to Month view.  Then closed kontact.
Restarted kontact - except that it didn't start.
Opened korganizerrc in kwrite, changed Month to Week.  Kontact didn't start.
Removed korganizerrc.  Kontact didn't start.  KOrganizer wouldn't start as
stand-alone either.

I started closing windows with a view to restarting the desktop, but tried
Kontact once more, just before doing the restart - Kontact started.  I'm
assuming that korganizer was using a cached rc at the time that it wouldn't
start.

Interestingly, it started in Week mode.  On checking the rc I find that there
is no line setting the mode.