Task Switcher Theme?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 1 18:40:49 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 01 September 2009 18:32:23 rgheck wrote:
> So, lots of changes in 4.3.0. One that I'm not real happy with yet is
> the task switcher thingy, by which I mean what comes up when you press
> Alt-Tab. Mine has a black background with very tiny white letters, and I
> find it hard to read, or even to look at. Anyone know where this is
> configured?

My guess would be ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc - but I've gone
through mine and can't see anything that I can identify as such, so maybe I'm
wrong.

The next thing I'd check is systemsettings > Appearance > Fonts and make sure
that nothing there is set ridiculously small.  I don't expect that to be the
problem, though.

If nothing there helps and your video card can support Desktop Effects take a
look at some of the alternative ways of switching.  Systemsettings > Desktop >
Enable Desktop Effects and scroll down to the last section.  The various
possiblities are described.  You may find one of those more to your liking.