How to use strigi

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Sep 6 12:52:47 UTC 2009

Anne Wilson wrote:
> I don't believe it is possible to use strigi without nepomuk running.

There is a standalone strigidaemon, but it has no KDE 4 integration, it uses
its own database to store things.

Using strigi with Nepomuk is currently not possible with what's in Fedora,
as Nepomuk refuses running the strigiservice with the Redland backend
(because it is way too slow to be useful). We're still waiting for a working
Virtuoso backend (or for someone to package the tons of dependencies of
Sesame2 all built entirely from source – shipping binary JARs directly is
not allowed in Fedora).

        Kevin Kofler