How to use strigi

Sonic get.sonic at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 15:53:34 UTC 2009

On 09/07/2009 08:12 PM, Anne Wilson wrote:

> We have a new userbase page -
> http://http://userbase.kde.org/Nepomukuserbase.kde.org/Nepomuk which really
> explains things.  You'll see that my understanding of the subject was only
> partially correct, so we'll learn together :-)

Oh oh! This brings us back to the original discussion:
"To make finding files containing text easier, Nepomuk offers a second
functionality: indexing the text of files. It uses a technology called
Strigi for this. You can now also find files by entering some words
which you know are in there, or just (part of) their title."

 From the above statement, I understand: Strigi is used to index the
file contents, and Nepomuk provides the access point to locate the file.

Syam