kde-4.3.1 networkmanager applet

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 16:51:57 UTC 2009

2009/9/9 Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com>:
> Just updated to 4.3.1.  I see I now have some kde networkmanager applet in the
> panel.  Clicking on it, it shows grayed out, 'applet in passive mode'.  I'm
> guessing that's cause I'm still using nm-applet?
>
> Maybe try again to see if it likes my WPA2 setup at home.  I guess I could
> simply kill nm-applet to test?  Don't need to restart anything?

I did exactly that a few days ago, and -- hooray! -- it worked with
both my WPA2 network at home and the funky "eduroam" network at work.
If things work for you too and you want the nm-applet to be gone
permanently, you can yum remove NetworkManager-gnome.

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster  --  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
ICCS, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.