QtMultimedia V. Phonon -- The full story?

Ryan Rix phrkonaleash at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 18:39:13 UTC 2009

Eike Hein wrote:
> This situation is very much in flux right now, and I would
> advise you not to write an article about it. Sorry I can't
> go into more detail. But anything you could write would
> amount to speculation (and is likely to cause unrest), and
> I don't think any of the involved parties currently knows
> with certainty how things will develop and what APIs will
> end up being where. Please stay tuned and wait for more
> info to come out of Nokia in the future. Rest assured that
> communication between KDE and Nokia is ongoing in the mat-
> ter.

Thanks Eike. I'll take your word on that, then! I don't want to go and
do something stupid :)

I've covered
1. Live image dependencies: breaking libcanberra-gtk dependency
2. KDE 4.3.1 pushed to Stable
3. Post 4.3.1 fixes

Anything I have missed? I'll have my eyes open for the rest of the week,
but those are the things that were covered in the KDE-SIG weekly
meeting. (I'd attend in person but school doesn't allow me to do so, so
I am looking at the meeting logs for this info, basically)

Ryan