rpm for knotes

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Sep 19 15:09:41 UTC 2009

Dushyant Dhalia wrote:
> I am using kde (3.5.4-11.el5 Fedora-Core (Using KDE 3.5.4-13.el5 Red
> Hat)) and rhel-5 (2.6.18-53.el5 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux).
>
> Can anybody provide me a link where i can find rpm for kde pim? Actually
> i need knotes. My default kde distribution didn't have it.

I suppose you're using a server edition of RHEL. kdepim is not included in
the base server editions, only in the "additional productivity apps" package
and in the desktop editions. Your 3 options are:
* get that "additional productivity apps" package (but I don't know the
pricing and support modalities, in case of doubt, ask RH),
* get a kdepim matching your KDE 3.5.4 installation from CentOS 5 (of course
that package won't be supported by RH),
* get a complete KDE 3.5.10 including kdepim from the kde-redhat repository
at http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/ (not supported by RH either, it's a
repository *for* RH distributions, not *by* RH; Rex Dieter is the contact
person for any issues with that repository).

        Kevin Kofler