Nepomuk/Strigi issue(?): files re-indexed after reboots & logins

Steven P. Ulrick fedora-kde at afolkey2.net
Sat Apr 3 23:00:39 UTC 2010

> > > Hello Again,
> > >
> > > 	I rebooted last night, and this morning I logged back in again.
The

> > > Nepomuk Store was still 3.2 GiB, but only approximately 417 files had
> > > been indexed!
> > >
> > > 	I will glad do what I can to figure out what is causing this
issue.

> > > If I don't here from anyone in a few days or so,  I will just find
out
> > > where this 3.2 GiB store is located, delete it, and disable Nepmuk.
That
> > > would be unfortunate, since for the brief time that it was actually
> > > working for me, it looked really interesting and useful.
> >
> > Hello Everyone,
> > I just came home from work, and I checked the directories that Nepomuk
was
> > indexing when I had left for work this morning.  Almost everything
seemed
> > to have been scanned, and the metaday displayed as desired in Dolphin.
> >
> > BUT, then I logged out and logged back in.  I did NOT reboot.  I then
> > discovered that  all of my metadata was gone.  It was there before I
logged
> > out...
> >
> > Anyway, I'll keep you posted.
>
> Hi,
>
> FYI: After a lot of updates yesterday and today - don't which packages
did it,
> qt-*, soprano, akonadi, kdelibs ...?  - form me, Nepomuk/Strigi is
working
> again in F13. :-)

Hello Martin,
When Fedora 13 is actually release on May 18th I will certainly be giving
it a try:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/13/Schedule

As far as for Fedora 12, the last QT update was on March 17th.  But for
some reason I feel like giving Nepomuk a try again anyway...

Steven P. Ulrick