Summer Coding Idea/Proposal -- KDE Netbook Edition Spin

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Thu Apr 8 08:07:17 UTC 2010

Hi Ryan!
Yep, this is interesting project - I volunteered to lead it with svahl but
he's no quite busy with new job.

So I can mentor it, we can work together - Plasma netbook is still under heavy
development and this project needs more upstream involvement (and I don't have
time to help there unfortunately). It's practically unusable on small displays
for example (tried on EEE 701).

But first what we want is really to define what we'd like to achieve - who we
are aiming by this project. Just a netbook like UI for default KDE (no, then
we don't need spin) or target more on small factor netbooks (with all
constraints - disk space, displays sizes...).

Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>

Office: +420 532 294 275