Dolphin cause X high CPU usage

Armelius Cameron armeliusc at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 01:51:48 UTC 2010

Hello,
I have noticed that Dolphin can cause X process to use a lot of CPU on both my
laptop and desktop running F12 with latest updates. I tried restarting, login
to KDE, then just run Dolphin and top. All I need to do is just moving around
mouse cursor on Dolphin window and I can drive X CPU usage to 40%, and Dolphin
CPU usage to above 30% on my desktop (Athlon 64 3000 (1.8GHz CPU)). Similar
thing happens on my laptop (a dual core machine).

The desktop has NVidia GE Force FX 5500 with Nouveau driver. Laptop has Nvidia
GeForce GT 220 with proprietary NVidia driver (installed from RPMFusion
repository).

Is anyone else seeing this ?

Thanks.
AC