Peculiar behaviour of akonadi

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 21 09:54:47 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 20 April 2010 21:07:55 Thomas Janssen wrote:
> 2010/4/20 Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>:

> >> Does the Kontact GUI appear if you run:
> >> qdbus org.kde.kontact /kontact/MainWindow_1
> >> com.trolltech.Qt.QWidget.show
> >
> > Unfortunately, the Akonadi progress bar is still whizzing away, and I
> > can't do anything inside the main kontact window :-(
>
> As expected. I fixed it permanently by, moving the old configs (in
> .kde/share/config) away in my user account, log in to my old user
> account, starting kontact once and cp the rest of the not fresh
> created configs back. I diffed the old stuff against the new stuff,
> but to be honest it was way to much output for my spare time to find
> the culprit. So, sorry, that's all help i can offer.

It's enough to get me working again, thanks.  I renamed the config folder,
then when everything worked I just pulled in the necessary email settings
configs (important time saver :-) ) and akregator feed configs.  I set up the
akonadi addressbook resource from scratch, and all seems to be well.  Of
course I'll have to re-do any other settings, but they are less important than
having kontact working again :-)

I still have signing and encrypting to sort out, but I'm sure I'll find the
problem soon.

Thanks again

KDE Community Working Group