Hoping Somebody Can Help Me with a Sound Issue

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Fri Apr 30 10:27:19 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Eli Wapniarski
<eli at orbsky.homelinux.org> wrote:
> The only real difficulty that I can see is that when I plug my headphones into
> the headhphone jack the speakers are not muted. Every mixer application that I
> can run shows very minimalistic options; 4 at best. In kmixer the options
> shown are: Master, PCM, Mic, Mic1

Find the right model for your box:
/usr/share/doc/kernel-doc-*/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio-Models.txt

Make a /etc/modprobe.d/hda-intel.conf

Fill it with:

options snd-hda-intel model=<yourmodel>

That helped me to workaround the same issue until it was fixed
upstream and until the fix was finally downstream in Fedora (the
latter was the time taking part).

Hope it helps you too.

--
LG Thomas