Call for testers: choqok

Sven Lankes sven at lank.es
Sat Aug 14 23:39:53 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 09:40:53PM +0200, Frank Thieme wrote:

> I had to reenter all account information, but I guess thats expected, as
> choqok didn't use oauth before.

Migrating a basic-auth account to oauth doesn't work currently so
deleting and recreating is the only way at this point.

I guess that we'll have to live with that regression for long enough
that it will become irrelevant as everyone will have done the
delete/create by then.

> It works as expected, with one exception: I just get notified that
> there are new messages in timeline, but the message itsself is not
> shown in notification. So with 0.6.something I got "@foo: bar", now I
> get "1 new message on identi.ca", whats annoying.

Agreed - the notifications are a regression (there is currently no way
to disable 'new message' notifications).

Twitter has revealed how they're planning to handle switching off basic
auth now - they're going to still allow basic auth after the 16th but
severly rate-limit it's use and disable it altogether on the 31st of
August.

This gives us at least enough time to get the upcoming (any day now)
beta2 packaged and pushed as update instead of the svn version.

Anyway - thanks everyone for testing - beta2 will probably very close to
the svn-release that you have tested. I'll send another note in this
thread once beta2 is available as an update.

sven === jabber/xmpp: sven at lankes.net