KDE 4.6 beta2 power management

Martin Airs martin at airs.me.uk
Wed Dec 8 14:53:20 UTC 2010

Good day all,

Since updating to 4.5.85 my monitor goes off after 10 minutes of inactivity,
I've tried turning off the monitor power management in powerdevil and it still
goes of after 10 minutes, I even tried setting the timeout to 1 minute but the
monitor still goes off after 10 minutes.

It seems something else is turning off the monitor, and powerdevil is having no
effect.

Has anyone else had this, and were can I start looking to see what is actualy
doing it and how to turn it to never!, I would like it to honour the
powerdevil profile as it allways has done in the past.

thank you

Martin