KDE 4.6 beta2 power management

Lars Slettjord lars.slettjord at uit.no
Thu Dec 9 09:25:05 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 8. December 2010 15.53.20 Martin Airs wrote:
> Since updating to 4.5.85 my monitor goes off after 10 minutes of
> inactivity, I've tried turning off the monitor power management in
> powerdevil and it still goes of after 10 minutes, I even tried setting the
> timeout to 1 minute but the monitor still goes off after 10 minutes.
>
> It seems something else is turning off the monitor, and powerdevil is
> having no effect.

I have seen something similar in KDE 4.4. I had to use xset to change
parameters for dpms and s. Just run 'xset q' and see if screensaver timeout or
DPMS Standby is set to 600. Personally i have this in one of my startup-
scripts:

  xset dpms 3600 3600 3600
  xset s 3600 3600

You might like other values though.