iphone and amarok on F14

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Thu Dec 23 12:59:25 UTC 2010

On 12/22/2010 03:23 PM, Roderick Johnstone wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is amarok expected to see music on an iphone 3GS plugged into an F14
> system, because it didnt for me? I plugged in the iphone then started
> amarok.
>
> After plugging in the iphone there is a pop-up that allows one to view
> photos, but that is all.
>
> I'm wondering if I need to install libmtp-hal to make this work.

Maybe.  My own ipod touch doesn't work either, and ltinkl and I on irc
the other day determined that libmtp was to blame for not properly
id'ing the device.  When/if I find the time, I was going to try working
on that (perhaps over the holidays).

to test, install libmtp-examples pkg, and run
$ mtp-detect

and post it's output (esp if it mentions that you have an unrecognized
device).

-- Rex