iphone and amarok on F14

Roderick Johnstone rmj at ast.cam.ac.uk
Thu Dec 23 14:14:42 UTC 2010

On 23/12/10 14:04, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-12-23 at 11:37 +0000, Roderick Johnstone wrote:
>> We have libimobiledevice installed but I'm not sure who uses it.
>>
>> Do we need ifuse?
>
> Yes, sorry I forgot to mention it. It's what lets apps mount the iPhone
> via a FUSE instance (and the libmobiledevice thing already mentioned).
>
> poc

I didnt have that installed, so maybe thats why (one of the reasons?)
amarok didnt see the music on the iphone.

But, then again I read somewhere that gvfs-afc can work in place of ifuse:

rpm -qi gvfs-afc
.
.
.
Description :
This package provides support for reading files on mobile devices
including phones and music players to applications using gvfs.

Again I'm not sure which applications use this and/or ifuse.

Roderick