Howto make asking for a password even more annoying

Laurent Rineau laurent.rineau__fedora at normalesup.org
Mon Feb 8 16:32:45 UTC 2010

Le lundi 08 février 2010 17:28:17, Anne Wilson a écrit :
> On Monday 08 February 2010 14:16:21 Patrick Boutilier wrote:
> > >
> > > Switch TO KMail FROM what?  I've not heard of anyone else reporting
> > > strange behaviour like this?
> >
> > I believe this only happens when the password dialog box is
> > hidden/behind other windows/minimized. When the password dialog box
> > actually is the focused window then knotifier does not ask the question.
>
> Interesting.  I've never seen that behaviour - and I have been aware of the
> annoyance of the dialog box sometimes being hidden.  I wonder if there is a
> configuration issue here, since I don't see it?

It may be related to the the level of focus-protection in KWin settings. In
some cases, to prevent focus stealing, popups pop in background by default
(they still pop over there main window, if they are modal, but they do not
steal focus from another window).

--
Laurent Rineau
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LaurentRineau