Howto make asking for a password even more annoying

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Feb 9 16:19:22 UTC 2010

Giuliano Colla wrote:
> Did anybody discover the usefulness of focus-stealing prevention?
>
> I've never found a single instance where it helped, but a lot of
> instances where it's annoying, to a degree related to is level: highly
> annoying when "high", medium annoying when "medium" etc.
>
> Since I've totally disabled it, I'm happy.
>
> Is it just me?

It mostly works around bugs or annoyances in applications. Free Software
applications are usually not very annoying, and Konqueror also has
protections against JavaScript stealing focus, but proprietary applications
tend to be much less considerate and so people who use those like those
workarounds. If you catch an application in Fedora taking focus when it
should not, please file a bug against the application.

        Kevin Kofler