enable nepomuk (by default) for f11/f12 too?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 18 10:43:30 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 17 February 2010 21:29:30 Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> > On 02/17/2010 03:15 PM, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> >> For my situation, there was a particular proposal at
> >> http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi#Nepomuk_Indexing_Agents_have_been_Disabl
> >> ed but then again, those commands didn't help.
> >
> > I'll have to double-check that userbase instructions.
> >
> > Those are indeed needed if you are upgrading from a previous
> > nepomuk-enabled virtuoso-v5 installation.
> >
> > I think it also occurs if nepomuk isn't enabled *at all*, that's the
> > part I need to verify,
>
> That is quite possible since I don't know what nepomuk, akonadi and
> virtuoso-v5 do. The chance that I enabled them in the past is slim,
> unless of course something else enabled them without telling me.

The need to deal with the nepomuk database, as Rex said, is the purpose of
those commands.  If you didn't run any of the beta or release-candidates for
4.4 you almost certainly won't have that old database, so that particular
section won't help you.  It's worth reading through the rest of the userbase
page to see if any of the other sections might apply to you.  We'll update the
page whenever we see a newly reported issue and solution.

KDE Community Working Group