Update - incomprehensible Nepomuk messages

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Feb 24 14:47:49 UTC 2010

When I yum-upgraded my Fedora-10 system just now,
I got the dread message that Nepomuk Indexing Agents
have been disabled,
and I was advised to go to
<http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi#Nepomuk_Indexing_Agents_have_been_Disabled>
where I was advised to give the commands
qdbus org.kde.NepomukServer /nepomukserver org.kde.NepomukServer.quit
rm -r .kde/share/apps/nepomuk
nepomukserver

The first two seemed to work, or at least caused no response.
The third gave me the message
[tim at carrie ~]$ nepomukserver
NepomukServer(2425)/nepomuk (server) Nepomuk::Server::enableNepomuk:
enableNepomuk false

This could be written in Sanskrit as far as my understanding goes.
Is it an error message?

I've no idea what Nepomuk Indexing Agents are,
or indeed what Nepomuk is for.

Am I alone?

--
Timothy Murphy