Change default printer setting to duplex

Armelius Cameron armeliusc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 21:56:39 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 24 February 2010 10:45:44 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Oh by the way:
>
> Armelius Cameron wrote:
> > So maybe a problem with a permission. I then did what I know: open a
> > terminal, su as root, run system-config-printer, and change the settings
> > there.
>
> You shouldn't have to use su for system-config-printer, PolicyKit
> authorization should just work there, so you should be able to just use it
> as a regular user. If it's also broken there, then it's a system-config-
> printer bug and will need to be fixed there (and that'd also explain why it
> doesn't work in KDE as KDE's printer settings are also based on system-
> config-printer).

It's also broken there, at least in my machine. It would ask for
authentication, then "stuck" for a very long time, then ask authentication
again with a slightly different dialog box and has "username" & "password" field
with username populated with "root", then stuck again. I lost patient and just
canceled it, and run it as root.
So yes, it's probably related...

AC