KMail Freeze problem - identified and workaround

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Thu Jan 21 07:29:04 UTC 2010

On Wed January 20 2010, Rex Dieter wrote:
> > same here - the following doesn't seem to correspond with the above patch
> > # am I good?
> > rpm -qa | grep akonadi
> > akonadi-1.3.0-1.fc12.i686
>
> Yes, 1.3.0-1 is newer than 1.2.90-3.  (akonadi team made a new release
> that also incorporated the important fix).

I managed to mess up that message, or at least the quotes I was replying to.
The "same here" was to the comment that freezes were still occurring with the
new patch - it seems a bit better, but I'm still monitoring things. It seemed
like after the updates, things were not immediately improved. Many hours
later, they actually do seem better.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA